The only goal of mascara is to create the appearance of longer, thicker, and darker eyelashes. Mascara helps to make light-haired girls’ lashes look dark, short eyelashes look long and lushes and thin lashes look thick and beautiful.
There is a right way and a wrong way to apply mascara.
By applying mascara the right way, you can avoid fringed and goopy lashes and smudges underneath your eyes. When applying mascara the proper way, start from the bases of your lashes and make your way out to the edges of the lashes. Always apply mascara to the top lashes, but only put mascara on the bottom lashes for a heavier, more dramatic look.
Remember, if you apply mascara to the bottom lashes, you will be more prone to getting smudges underneath your eyes. Always hold the mascara with the wand parallel to your lashes. This will help to make sure the mascara gets applied in just the right place. Put on one coat of mascara if you want a subtle look or put on two or three coats for a more dramatic look. Apply black or brown mascara for a traditional style, or blue or any brightly coloured mascara for a daring look. Girls are meant to feel more attractive and confident when wearing mascara. Correctly applying your mascara can boost your beauty and self-esteem.
- Wait until the mascara on the upper lashes dries before putting mascara on the lower lashes.
- Clean your mascara wands regularly. It will help the mascara go on smoother and will help eliminate bacteria.
- Make sure to have a tissue or a cotton ball nearby to touch up any smudges in a hurry.
- Use a mascara comb or toothbrush to help separate and define lashes after mascara is applied.
- Don’t forget to wash your mascara off at the end of the day. Take it off with Vaseline or eye makeup remover. Just washing your face won’t get all the mascara off.
- Always wear waterproof mascara. You never know when you might find yourself in a watery situation!
- For a fun change from your everyday routine, wear blue mascara. Or don’t wear any at all and just play up your eyeshadow and eyeliner.
- Never apply too many coats. It will just look gloppy and appear as if you are trying entirely too hard.
- Remember the main point of mascara is to make your eyelashes look fuller and longer, naturally. Don’t go over overboard.
- Teens should not wear black mascara until at least age14. Experiment with clear and brown mascara before then.